Last updated: 10/2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
Rapid antigen tests are readily available at public hospitals and private clinics. The average cost is around WST 20 (USD 8); payment is not covered by the government.
Results are generally available within 30 minutes. PRC testing is no longer widely available.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Samoa for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- For information about vaccination in Samoa, contact the Samoa Ministry of Health and see the Ministry’s recent vaccination update.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- List any local resources that can provide additional useful information.
- Other links:
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Travel.state.gov Country Information and Travel Advisory page
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
Fines for Non-Compliance (if applicable)
Fines may be given to individuals, businesses and organizations who do not comply with the government’s COVID restrictions. For more information visit the Government of Samoa website.
Consular services are only being offered via appointment. Please contact our consular section at ApiaConsular@state.gov for further information. Information about services and how to schedule an appointment can be found at https://ws.usembassy.gov/. If you are a U.S. citizen with a life-or-death emergency that requires a consular service, please contact the number listed below.
Actions to Take
Visit the Department of State Covid-19 crisis page for the latest information. Visit Samoan Government and/or Samoa Ministry of Health for the most up-to-date information in Samoa. If you have a COVID-19 related question, call Samoa’s COVID-19 helpline at 8006440. Consult the CDC website for accurate, up-to-date information.
For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting or transmitting Covid-19, please read the CDC’s latest recommendations.
Consult your airline, cruise line, or other travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
Visit the United States Embassy in Samoa website for updated information.
Visit the Department of Homeland Security website for the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Apia:
+(685) 21631 press 0 for the operator or extension 2222
State Department – Consular Affairs:
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Samoa Country Information.
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.