Passport Fee to Increase on December 27, 2021
Effective December 27, 2021, the passport security surcharge fee will increase by USD 20. For minor passport applicants who use Form DS-11, the new fee is USD 135 or SAT 350. For adults renewing their passports using Form DS-82, the new fee is USD 130 or SAT 340. For adults who must apply in person using Form DS-11, the new fee is USD 165 or SAT 430.
Renewal by Mail/Courier:
You may qualify to renew your passport by mail/courier if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Your previous U.S. passport book/card is in your possession.
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent U.S. passport book/card was issued.
- Your most recent U.S. passport book/card was issued less than 15 years ago.
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued under your current legal name.
- For more information and instructions on how to renew your passport by mail/courier and how to pay the passport fees online, please go here. Most approved passports are returned to the applicant in 4-8 weeks from the date of application.
Schedule an Appointment for an In-Person Appointment
If you do not meet all of the above criteria for renewal by mail/courier, please schedule an appointment to come in person to apply for a passport. Passport appointments are available by emailing our Consular Section at ApiaConsular@state.gov or by phone +685 21631 ext. 2222.
If you require an emergency appointment, please contact us by email at ApiaConsular@state.gov or by phone at +685 21631 ext 2222. We will reply with a short questionnaire asking about the nature of your emergency and your intended date of travel. You may be requested to provide supporting documents or information.
U.S. Embassy Apia
+(685) 21631 press 0 for the operator or extension 2222