Report a Lost or Stolen Passport

What to do:

  • Please notify the nearest police station of the loss/theft.
  • Inform the U.S. Embassy of the loss/theft by email at Include a phone number where we can contact you.

To obtain a new passport, you must apply in person at the Embassy. We are located on the 5th floor ACC building, Matafele.

Note: An appointment is needed for this service. You may contact us directly by email

You will need to:

  1. Complete “Application for Passport”, Form-11.
  2. Present Proof of U.S. Citizenship
  3. Present Proof of Identity
  4. Provide one Passport Photo (Photos must be 2″x2″ in size with a background that is uniform, plain and white, and free of shadows).
  5. Pay the Applicable Fee
  6. Provide a Social Security Number
  7. Complete a DS-64: Statement Regarding Lost Or Stolen Passport
  8. Present a Samoan Police Report regarding the passport loss.
  9. Make an appointment with the consular section.