Applicants who are renewing their passport, changing their legal name or correcting information on a previous passport issued may use the Form DS-82 if all of the following are true:
- you are able to submit your most recent passport;
- you were at least 16 years old when that passport was issued; and,
- that passport was issued less than 15 years ago.
Applicants who do not meet all of these requirements should refer to “Applications requiring personal appearance” on the passport page.
Applications to renew a damaged passport via mail may be accepted at our discretion if all the identifying information is still legible. If the photograph or identifying information is illegible, or the passport is significantly damaged, please refer to the information regarding Lost/Stolen/Damaged passports.
Preparing a Complete Application
Disregard the pre-printed instructions on the online forms – the application can be submitted to the U.S. Embassy for processing. Please submit all of the following:
- Completed, legible, and signed Form DS-82: Application for a U.S. Passport;
- Most recent U.S. passport.
- One (1) U.S. sized passport photograph (Note: these are a different size from Samoa passport photographs.)
- Applicable fee: $270SAT; payments must be made in cash ONLY.
- If applicable, original documentation to support name change or change of other descriptive data (photocopies certified by a notary public are not acceptable)
- For damaged passports: a signed statement outlining the reason the passport is damaged
Submitting the Application – must be made in person or a trusted relative/friend at the Embassy during our Consular window hours from 9-11am from Mon-Fri.