Criminal Records

If you wish to travel to the U.S., and you have EVER been arrested or convicted for ANY offense or crime, you may need to apply for a visa.

If you have been arrested or convicted of a crime in Samoa, and wish to apply for a visa, in addition to the standard application documents, you must submit a certified copy of your criminal record.

The administration of criminal records is the responsibility of the Ministry of Justice and Courts Administration in Samoa. Please DO NOT contact the Samoan Embassy for this record.

Please allow a minimum of four weeks for the processing of waivers of ineligibility.

We recommend you do not make any financial commitments for travel to the U.S. until you have received a U.S. visa.