Weather Alert – U.S. Embassy Apia (October 30, 2020)
Location: Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean.
Event: Tropical Cyclone Season in the South Pacific begins November 1, 2020 and ends on April 30, 2021. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recommends that those in tropical cyclone-prone regions begin preparations for the upcoming seasons now.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center for the 2021 Cyclone forecast.
- Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on the U.S. government assistance. For more information click here.
- U.S. Embassy Apia, 5th Floor ACC Building, Matafele
- Contact information:- +685 21631 ext 2222, ApiaConsular@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.