Location: Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean,
Event: Tropical Cyclone Season in the South Pacific Ocean begins November 1, 2018 and ends on April 30, 2019. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recommends that those in tropical cyclone-prone regions begin preparations for the upcoming seasons now.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center for the 2019 Hurricane forecast.
- Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Samoa
- Business hours (+685) 21436 or 21631 ext 2222
- After business hours (+685 777 1776)
- State Department – – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Samoa Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter